Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mini Candy Cane Cupcakes

my birthdaychristmas 2009 103

Check out these adorable mini cupcakes I made for Christmas! Chocolate cake..
my birthdaychristmas 2009 058

...with peppermint buttercream! Mini cupcakes are my new favorite thing.

Christmas Baking Part2 001
I used a pastry bag, filled one side with red buttercream and the other side with white buttercream to create the swirl affect. I love love love how they came out.

Just look how cute the liners are...
my birthdaychristmas 2009 047
little bitty snowmen! ahh!


my birthdaychristmas 2009 101

my birthdaychristmas 2009 102

Christmas Baking Part2 015
I even added some red sparkling sugar to some of them!

I wanted to share these with my co workers so I stuck them in one of my new cupcake carriers I got for my birthday.

Christmas Baking Part2 012


SO CUTE! I cant even take it!


Peppermint Buttercream

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
5-6 cups powdered sugar, sifted (use more or less depending on the consistency you want, please note this buttercream is rather "runny" if you use less then 6 cups)
1/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract


Beat Butter until creamy. Add powdered sugar, milk, and peppermint extract, beat until combined.


Note: I always stick a knife in the buttercream and pull it out quickly, if peaks are formed then you know your buttercream is the right consistency for piping!

Enjoy ♥ ♥

No comments: